New York, NY – October 15, 2013 – Riverdale Avenue Books has launched “Dead Sexy: The Walking Dead Fan Guide to Zombie Style, Beauty, Parties, and a Ghoul-Lurching UNLifestyle,” the second pop culture book by author Paula Conway to feature exclusive limited-time offers for readers. “Dead Sexy” features a section on travel with recommendations on where the dead (and their friends) go to unwind. The exclusive travel discounts for readers are from some of the most haunted hotels in America.
The book, “DEAD SEXY” assumes we are living in a present zombie apocalypse, and that many people around us are in fact, zombies. The UNlifestyle guide includes: a section on zombie etiquette from celebrity etiquette expert, Dawn Bryan; zombie dating guidelines; dead sexy travel destinations; and more than 70 exclusive dead sexy deals with deep discounts on fashion, food, beauty, travel, and more.
“Zombies don’t make the same travel choices as the rest of us,” said author Paula Conway. “They look for destinations that are quiet, relatively underpopulated or great places to enjoy a thoughtful haunting. Cities like New Orleans that are rich in voodoo and zombie culture, also with a lot of great haunted graveyards, this is where zombies want to unwind. And since they make decisions slowly, offering a discount or perk tends to get them to book a bit faster.”
The exclusive “Dead Sexy” travel deals include:
· Two frightfully fabulous offers from the legendary luxury liner, The Queen Mary: The Dead Sexy Dark Harbor Stay and Scare Hotel Package ($229); the one-night stay includes tickets for two Dark Harbor admission tickets, plus two fast fright front of line passes; and the Dead Sexy Dining with the Spirits Hotel Package ($237); the three-course dinner for two at Sir Winston’s includes a paranormal investigation with a trained guide exploring the Queen Mary’s haunted hot spots, plus one night aboard The Queen Mary. Known as “The Grey Ghost” during WWII, when The Queen Mary served as a transport ship, hauntings aboard the QM are numerous. Among them, the cook who was cooked because the troops didn’t like his meal, and the little girl who broke her neck on the pool deck sliding down a bannister.
· 20% off overnight accommodations at The Lemp Mansion in St. Louis, Missouri, where the hauntings included the spirit of a little boy named Zeke.
· 25% off any room booked at a standard rate at The Victoria Inn in Anniston, Alabama. Among the hauntings in The Victoria Inn, footsteps are heard at night from spots where no one is found, and music from the piano room when it is empty.
· Chico Hot Springs Resort & Day Spa in Pray, Montana will provide ghoulish treats in “Dead Sexy” guest rooms upon arrival. Legend has it that the ghost of Percie Knowles, who built the original structure with her husband in 1900 and died on the property, appears from time to time wearing a white dress.
· Take 15% off food service at the Story Inn, Nashville, IN, where “the blue lady” walks at night and has been spotted by literally hundreds of guests.
· Dead Sexy guests of The Copper Queen Hotel in Bisbee, Arizona take 15% off rooms up to king-size. There are apparently more than 16 recorded entities, including Billy, the boy who steals coins and Julia, who slinks under the blanket in room 315.
All deals, discounts and offers require a unique code, varied and set by the merchandiser, which can only be obtained by purchasing the book. Many also have embedded links, only accessible through the book.
For more information, contact Alyssa Tognetti at Astonish Media Group (347) 878-5977.